Saturday, October 3, 2015

Love.....................

Being a grand mother is such a wonderful experience.  It was one of those milestones in my life that I was really looking forward to, however I really did not know what to expect from the experience.  All I really knew is that I would love my children's children because I love my children very much.  It has really been so much more than I ever imagined.  The love I feel for these little people who are growing up before my very eyes, is boundless.  Being a "secondary" parent is just amazing!  I don't know if it is because there is no pressure to raise these children myself or if it is because I just want to be involved in their lives, it is just the most relaxing and enjoyable "life thing" I have ever done.  I have three little girls so far, and a new little boy on the way.  With the girls, I so love doing all the girly things and I love crafting and coloring with them.  I have really been thinking a lot about this new little boy on the horizon and what I would be doing with him in the future.  Then I thought, I guess it will really be more of the same!  Running, jumping, playing, reading, crafting, and making those food things that grandma makes.  I don't have to behave differently just because the newest grand baby will be a boy.  We will do all of those things and I will always make sure that everything we do is a learning experience, just like I do with the girls.  So are you still with me.................lol???

Here is my project:





These photos are from my first trip out to meet little Issy, who is now two by the way!  The bottom photo is a selfie when I got to babysit her and had her all to myself.  When I took this photo, I posted it on facebook because I knew my daughter was probably watching her cell phone and was worried a bit.  I wanted her to enjoy her evening out with her hubby and know that grandma "has this"! I used cardstock from my stash and Recollections scrapbook paper.  I made paper bows using a die in my stash.  The journaling card is from Project Life, adhesive lace from my stash, and a chipboard title also from my stash.

I hope you enjoyed my project!  Please leave me a comment if you like, and let me know what you think.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Issy is adorable, as always. Nice job on the layout, Kim.

Judy Garrelts said...

I love the photos -- sooooo sweet!!!! And your layout compliments the pics beautifully! Love it all!
Thank for sharing,
Judy

Related Posts with Thumbnails