Work Bulletin Board

I am the Controller for a pediatric and elderly care group of businesses.  This is in home care, so we don't see our nurses very often.  In one of our staff meetings it was decided to start recognizing our nurses in a way that we thought would be fun for us and awesome for them when they stopped by to get paperwork, etc....  The idea was thrown out that we put up a bulletin board honoring our nurse (or nurses) of the month.  Well, when the idea moved forward, I jumped (really I was leaping in utter joy!) at the chance to be the creative force for the board and use my new Cricut Explore.  I do need more practice and it was so very fun deciding the design for the first board.  I have so many ideas, however I only have 24" X 18" to work with so for the first board I kept it a bit simple.  Unfortunately the board has not arrived yet and should be here early this week, so you are not getting the full affect.  However I laid it all out on the floor to take a peek at what it will look like now that everything has been cut and adhered together.  This is what I came up with:

This sure did not photograph well on the floor but hopefully you get the idea.  Everything was cut with my Explore.  "nurse of the month" and "thank you" are in the company colors, green and orange for the shadow.  I used Platin Schoolbook and Gypsy Wanderings.  The names are also Plantin Schoolbook and I used pink and black to make the names so they would not meld into the design.  You can also hopefully see I added a few rhinestones.  The butterflies and the little bear with butterflies were print and cuts layered twice for dimension and are Imagine images.  I own them all, so I am not sure from which cartridges they are from.  I did these because we are in Spring and I thought the little bears were a bit nurturing, like our nursing staff.

I hope you liked my project and I inspired you to get those Cricut Machines out and start crafting!  Please leave me a comment and tell me what cool projects you are making with your Explore!


Comments

Danielle said…
Nice job, Kim. I love the layout of the bulletin board. It will be perfect! The letters are nice and easy to read, which is always a plus for this kind of thing.
Judy Garrelts said…
What a fantastic idea and your cuts are awesome! Love it!!!
Thanks for sharing,
Judy
Janie Thornley said…
Really nice. Gave me an idea for something for my husband. He has had dementia and aleheimer's for 7 years and I am the only caretaker. Things like this to try and keep him on which day it is would probably work well. Thanks for the idea.

Popular Posts