It's Snowing!!!!!

This is what it looks like right now at my house:

It's snowing and the whole state of Maryland is pretty much shut down.  It is supposed to keep going into the evening.  The company I work for did not open today so I thought this was a perfect day to do some scrapbooking and play with my Cricut Explore!

I just finished this page of my daughter's baby shower in June 2013.  I am really trying to catch up on my personal scrapbooks but as long as I keep taking photos, I think I will always be behind............lol!  Here is my scrapbook page:

The paper and ribbon are Fancy Pants, the punching is Martha Stewart, the embellishments are Recollections, and the title was made using my Cricut Explore and Design Space.  I would like to make some more items with my Explore for my pages however I tend to pre plan my pages out except for the title, so I am working on that stack until it is time to plan out the next several pages.

Do you pre plan your pages?  I never use to.  I would just pull the next group of photos for my next layout and then start selecting the papers and then add embellishments as I built the page(s).  I have found that by pre planning, I get to spend more time at my craft table at one sitting.  I have a sort box and will start pulling the photos and then select the papers and embellishments and put it in the box, and go on to the next set of photos and so on.  I usually pre plan around 10 pages and sometimes that is my crafting for the day, just getting those pages/colors decided on.  This actually helps me when I go to crops.  I will grab my sort box with everything in it and grab my bag of tricks (adhesive, scissors, rulers, craft knife, trimmer, etc...) and go!  I am looking forward to planning my next pages so I can add in more embellishments from my Cricut Explore.

I hope everyone on the East Coast in the path of this storm, is staying warm and cozy!


Comments

Judy Garrelts said…
Love the photos!!!!!!! And your layout is fantastic! I love your use of your Explore! Well done!
Thanks for sharing,
Judy
PinkLadyCarol said…
What a nice page Kim!! Thanks for sharing your takent. I am just like you -- I can't keep up with all the pictures I take. If I only was snowbound, I could do some crafting, but it is almost 80 degrees and sunny in NC!
scrappinkaren said…
Nice page, Thanks for sharing!
scrappinkaren said…
Nice page, Thanks for sharing!
deanna said…
Love your layout, Kim. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to try pre-planning my pages. I don't get very much scrapbooking done because it just seems so overwhelming to me! Your pages always look so nice.
Kim Bush said…
Deanna, If you own so many supplies like I do, it can be so overwhelming. It use to take me forever and a day just to pick out paper. I don't do that any more because I need to use my supplies (so I can buy more..........lol) and I need to get my pages done. Thank you so much for the compliment!
Danielle said…
Great layout! I love the photos you chose to use for this one... and as for being behind, well, you're always behind since you have to take the photos before you can scrap them! :) So no use stressing about that part at all.
Patricia Logan said…
Love the Post and you layouts.

Popular Posts