Spring Has Sprung!


Around the country, we have all had a mild winter and with that comes an early Spring.  My husband laughs at me when this happens as I start planting flowers early because I am so ready to discard the dismal colors of winter for the beautiful colors of Spring.  I love peonies and one year, my husband decided to buy me two tree peonies.  I had never heard of them before.  The winter of 2010 we got approx 80" of snow and when we finally got the tree peonies unburied, they were so beat down and broken, it broke my heart.  However these seem to be little troopers because they still bloomed and even bloomed from the broken stems that I refused to let my husband cut off.  This is just one of the beautiful flowers from one of my tree peonies.  They are even more stunning in person and I will be sad once they stop blooming.  Although, there is always next year.............


Comments

Popular Posts