Today I Turned 50


I remember being a child and could not wait to grow up.  I remember being a young adult and thinking I knew everything and that I would live forever.  I remember being in my 30's and thinking being and adult was hard and not all I thought it would be.  I remember turning 40 and thinking that my children were almost grown and I was looking forward to being an empty nester.  I also remember the day I became and empty nester and cried like a baby.  My forties were the most challenging decade for me to date.  All my little birdies flew away and flew far.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer (and survived!).  I regained my MIA father and met my half siblings, spouses, & children.  I started my own business.  But most of all in my forties, I became more comfortable in my own skin.  I learned to love who I am.  And I learned that no matter what, as much as you want certain people to be a certain way, the only power you truly have is in yourself.  So although I was not thrilled to get my AARP membership in the mail and am not thrilled with turning a half a century, I am happy with who I am and who I turned into.  I wish I knew at 20 what I now know at 50.  Talk about life lessons............lol!  I am blessed with two children (Kim & Jonathan) and I would not trade them for anything in the world.  And Jonathan has blessed me with two grand children (Georgia & Jadelyn) who keep me feeling so young at heart.  Happy 50th Birthday to Me!!!!

Comments

Angela said…
Happy Birthday Kim! You don't look a day over 39!

Popular Posts