Use Those Scraps!


So I have been doing some Spring cleaning in my scrap room. I save all those scraps (like we all do) and throw them in a storage box. Well, those scraps were out of control so I decided to take charge and bought some 12X12 envelopes, got out my label maker, and started sorting and organizing scraps. Some of the little pieces I was saving, I just could not believe! I have a scrap room full of paper, so once I saved the usable pieces and sorted them, I was still shaking my head. So I decided to go on a campaign to use some of these scraps and now that they are organized, I am going to keep using them instead of continuing to cut full sheets 12X12 sheets when I really don't need to. So I inked up my Anna Griffin stamp and took my lonely copics out and colored. They were really quick to color and I had fun doing it. I used chalk ink to ink the edges of the colored images, after cutting them out. So then I grabbed my newly sorted envelopes and picked some complimentary colors to mount my stamped images onto my card fronts. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss and adhered it all together. I used pop dots to mount the stamped images, added ribbon, and added rhinestones. Now I have four cards that I can use for anything: note card, birthday, Mother's Day, etc.... I really enjoyed this project as I kept it simple, it did not take me long, and I was using up my stash of saved papers. I hope I have inspired all of you to sort and use those scraps!




Comments

anaRy said…
Ohhh these flowers are adorable!
xo
anary
Maureen said…
What a great idea... and how lovely they are!!! I need to sort my cardstock as well. Hmm, I think you've inspired me! Thank you!

Popular Posts