In Tribute: Mr. Sox, My Beloved Cat




This photo was taken about six days ago of my old cat, Mr. Sox. Little did I know that today would be his last day with us when I was taking pictures of my fur babies that day. When we bought this home in June 2002, he was already here. He would often meet me in our yard and walk around with me. By fall, I was feeding him, although my husband would often tell me not to. As it got colder and winter was quickly approaching, I was attached to my newest furry friend, and told my husband I wanted to bring him inside and make him a house cat, as the daily bringing of mice to me by Mr. Sox was not quite my cup of tea. I always did thank him for his gift and would exchange the mouse for a nice bowl of cat food. We never knew how old he was, however knew he was an older cat. He lived here with us for almost eight years and was the sweetest, lovey dovey little boy I have ever met. He was always purring, even in the end. I will miss you Mr. Sox and will see you at Rainbow Bridge.


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

~Kim

Comments

Nancy said…
Kim, my heart is broken for you. My two canine buddies are in my nightstand, and will go with me when I head to The Bridge. May I share a verse with you that brought my great comfort when I received it from my vet after the passing of one of my beloved boys? It is from a book called Separate Lifetimes by Irving Townsend, and from the short story in it called "The Once Again Prince":

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."
— Irving Townsend

Never fully understanding, we would live no other way for there can be no price put on the joy they bring us, and thus the great sorrow at their passing. I send my love, my comfort and my understanding, my friend. I will tell my boys to be on the lookout for Mr. Sox and to welcome him and treat him kindly. (((( ))))
Patty said…
He's a beautiful friend! Love and hugs to you.

Popular Posts