A good cause, please help!

Dan from "My Crafty Life" posted this challenge and encouraged us all to pass it on. And as a butterfly lover (my scrapbooks are covered in them) I was interested first, because of the word butterfly, second because Dan had a free SCAL file for a butterfly, and then third (which actually now is first) because of a wonderful task/challenge posted to all creators of butterfly art. Scrapbookers fall into this category! Here are some excerpts from Dan's blog regarding this and I hope you will participate. I am going to make some!
From Dan's blog:
"The Holocaust Museum in Houston is planning a major exhibition in Spring 2012, to commemorate the 1.5 million children who died during the Holocaust.And that's where you and I come in - the exhibition will take the form of a breathtaking display of 1.5 million butterflies, 1 for each child that died needlessly. The museum is asking for our help. They want crafters/scrapbookers/stampers like us to create the butterflies for them and send them to the museum. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of something that is so worthwhile and meaningful!There are no rules other than your butterflies can be no larger than 8" x 10" and must NOT have glitter on them. The examples I've shown here have been stamped, but you can use patterned papers and embellishments, paint and inks, whatever is your style.You can find more information about the project here:
I cannot share the free cut file for the butterflies he created. However click the link at the top of my blog entry, to his blog, and then you are more than welcome to get the download for yourself. This seems like a wonderful tribute and I hope all than can, will participate.
~Kim

Comments

Popular Posts